Quick diagnosis without invasive or painful procedures
Ultrasound is a powerful diagnostic tool that uses sound waves to form images of internal organs. Ultrasound is safe, noninvasive, does not use radiation and allows quick diagnosis. We use ultrasound to:
- Detect and diagnose cancer
- Evaluate abdominal pain
- Evaluate vascular issues and abdominal bleeding
- Evaluate gastrointestinal issues including vomiting and diarrhea
- Evaluate the urinary tract for infection or stones
- Determine the extent and spread of disease
Ultrasound of senior pets detects health problems early
Evaluating senior pets using ultrasound allows us to treat health problems before they become life-threatening.
An echocardiogram is a type of ultrasound test used to evaluate heart size and function, and for diagnosing and managing cardiac disease. Our visiting cardiology specialists perform this procedure in our hospital.
I discovered Rivertown Animal Hospital when my cat needed an ultrasound, and soon! I called the clinic and they fit me in first thing the next morning.
Jolane Jones, Certified Online Review